DIY Projects: Cali Style

Happy New Year!!

After an amazing weekend filled with fun and friends ringing in 2012, it was the perfect day to lay low and begin on some DIY projects I had in mind around the apartment:

The bar is now open!: After finding some great affordable shelves and wine racks at Ikea, I stained the shelves and drilled the wine racks to the units to hang marg and vino glasses. Now this is is what I call an open bar!







T-Shirt Time: I had a few tshirts / old shirts that I either didn't wear anymore or were just too small in the first place - that's what I get for not trying it on in the concert. Next best thing? Frame em! This way, you can still enjoy the memories, just on your wall instead!

  
Cacti Pot: I mentioned in a previous post how much I loved this cacti drawer that I saw at Cedar Grove, but it was well out of my price range cutting in over $200. The alternative? Creating my own - total cost - $18. Ikea has Cacti of all sorts out here, all I did was combine them in a pot and add in tea lights to create a whimsical centerpiece.

1 comment:

  1. omg i love how your bar came out!!! you have to tell me where you got those striped straws, i see them everywhere.

    ReplyDelete