Out and About in San Diego

Taking a quick break from job hunting to update you guys on some fun experiences I've already had in San Diego! Need to clear my head a bit from "resume upload" :)


My new insta-friend Molly and I went on a great craft beer tour around La Jolla (pronounced "La Hoya") and visited some really great bars and restaurants that I'm happy to now know! Thanks to both Molly and La Jolla Wine Tours


La Jolla Wine Tours have amazing options available from a romantic wine tour for you and your lovah to coaster tours up the coast stopping at up to 18 destinations for taking down your liquid sunshine. Such a great idea and Heather was an amazing tour guide. She took us to three key breweries and craft beer servers in the area that I can now take my incoming visitors: 


The Public House - with over 50 craft beers for us to choose from our sampling menu, the choice was hard. But the Flying Dog "Double Dog" Double Pale Ale came in first in my book! And a great avocado cheese salad too!


La Jolla Brewhouse - Tastiest Brushcetta known to (wo)man and a great pumpkin ale to help top off. 


Karl Straus - Where the beef skewers were delicious and the beer was harder to take down as our last stop, but we managed! The Belgian Tripple finished off my palette.


It was such a great idea and really allowed me to get to know the area. And what's great is these tours are perfect for bachelor / bachelorette parties, corporate outings, birthdays, gifts or if you're just visiting the area!





I've been looking into a lot here in San Diego, so I haven't been able to get out too much just yet, but I did take a ride back to Del Mar to do a little reading and watch some 30 surfers or so take the marine layered waters. Hopefully will get out there soon once I'm settled, would love to really learn how to surf instead of me sunbathing on my board back east!


I also got to thankfully take in a concert here in San Diego early on, which put me right in my element. My friend Matt text me about a great charity concert going on at the World Beats Center in Balboa Park, where we got to see very entertaining acts such as The Makepeace Brothers and Living Love, where Matt's friend Nikki danced her BUTT off as their dancer. Was very cool to watch both these acts and the music made me drift off into the Caribbean! Loved the drummers!



It's been a good week here in San Diego, I still can't believe it' only been a week, and there is so much more to see! The adventure is only just beginning... 

No comments:

Post a Comment