Summer Sangria

Phew...alright, this week has been extra long. Perhaps because there are wonderful things brewing, exciting things, but makes you really really busy all at the same time. Some of those exciting things you ask? Well tomorrow I will be doing a glamorous old Hollywood shoot, straight with pearls and fun gowns!, going to see the insanely talented Bon Iver at the House of Blues tomorrow night, and then working on some really exciting and life changing news that I will discuss with you Monday :) But for now, today is my Friday (woop!) and its time to start the weekend off right - with Summer Sangria! 

I don't know about you, but I always wonder what exactly goes into Sangria, because from what I do know, is that its not just tossing some fruit into a bowl of wine or my cheap way by mixing red wine with fresca (its quite tasty I must say...). There's a little more to it than that. 

This recipe actually remind me of a wonderful recipe my friend Alicia made for my birthday cookout a few years ago, that was absolutely delicious!! So sit back, relax and enjoy this refreshing summer concoction!

martha stewart.com

Summer Sangria
adapted from MS

Ingredients

  • 6 cups assorted fruits (such as orange, pineapple, apricot), cut into chunks
  • 1/4 cup thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger
  • 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh basil or mint leaves
  • 1/2 cup orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
  • 1 bottle crisp white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)


Directions
In a large bowl or pitcher, combine fruit, ginger, basil or mint, and orange liqueur. Mash gently with the back of a wooden spoon until basil is bruised and fruit releases juices. Add wine and lemon juice and stir to combine. Refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment