Find that Egg!

Happy Easter Weekend everyone! I hope y'all are looking forward to the holiday weekend and spending time with your families.  I am especially excited to see all my cousins at the legendary Banks Easter Egg Hunt - it's so fun to watch the little ones running around so excited, while we the adults shamelessly pit them against each other pointing out to each of them where they can find an egg. What! they need a little help sometimes! They're like 5 and under, we'd be out there till dark.

I do have some fond memories of Easters past, especially when in the recent years when my dad knew we were all in college, high school, or living in NY and going broke, so he set up an Easter egg hunt in the back yard for just my sisters and brother with eggs...filled with money. Now we're not talking $100 dolla dolla bills y'all...but change, $1 bills, and one special egg had a $20. It was a fight till the death! Unfortunately, I never was the lucky one to find that egg...but I know my day will come...

Have any great Easter stories? I'd love to hear about them! And if you're looking for a small gift to bring to a family members for hosting the holiday or to give to the adults while the youngsters get their baskets, here is a great gift idea from No Fuss Fabulous - Enjoy!




Easter S'Mores in a Jar

Ingredients and Directions:

1. Reduce 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs.
2. Layer 2/3 of the crumbs in a 1 qt jar.
3. Place 8 marshmallow bunny peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar.
4. Press them up against the glass, but don't squash them.
5. Carefully spoon remaining crumbs in the center of the jar to support the bunnies, pressing down to keep it snug.
6. On top of this pour 1-1/4 cup Easter M&M's.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of M&M's, gently pressing with a spoon.

Fabulous even gives you free down loadable gift tags as well as the gift message with directions for your recipient!

No comments:

Post a Comment