Scallion and Cheddar Biscuits


Scallion and Cheddar Biscuits

So I got on a bit of a baking kick last night around 5pm...just had to bake something! So I ran to the store and picked up some essentials and made two quick and easy recipes for breakfast and snacks, 2nd post to come!

I first had a Scallion and Cheddar biscuits when I was visiting my brother in Brooklyn. I was a little nervous at first, like anything with veggies in it for breakfast, but it was delicious! They are really easy to make and are perfect for breakfast or as your rolls with dinner!

All you need to do is buy your favorite biscuit dough, whether its Pillsbury or Bisquick (which I used, because they have a low cholesterol / low fat version) and make you're biscuits as normal. Just fold in some freshly cut scallions, a bit of salt, and some freshly grated (or packaged) sharp cheddar cheese! Bake in the oven at 450 for around 7-8 minutes, they cook fast! As you remove them out of the oven, top with a few more flakes of cheddar cheese and voila! Magnifique :)

Chop up some fresh scallions




Fold the grated cheddar cheese and scallion into your biscuit dough
Drop 1 tbsp onto a non stick pan, I put a bit of butter on the bottom, if anything, it just adds more flavor!




No comments:

Post a Comment